The East Troy Electric Railroad's Santa Parade Train will make its annual journey into downtown East Troy on Saturday, Dec. 1.
Presented by the East Troy Electric Railroad in conjunction with the East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce and Mukwonago Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Center, the beautifully lit four-car train will travel down the century-old interurban trolley line between Mukwonago and East Troy.
The original East Troy Christmas Parade train, started by the East Troy Jaycees and the railroad in 1972, was an historic reproduction of the Schuster’s Christmas Parade in Milwaukee. The Schuster’s Department store chain sponsored the parade, established in 1928, to kick off the Christmas shopping season. It disappeared in 1955 with the demise of the Milwaukee Electric Lines interurban and streetcar system.
Spectators can catch a glimpse of Santa along County Road ES. The train will stop briefly at the following crossings:
• 5:30 p.m., train departs at The Elegant Farmer
• 5:45 p.m., Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 6 p.m., St. Peter’s Road
• 6:15 p.m., Byrnes Street
• 6:25 p.m., Division Street
• 6:30 p.m., Santa arrives at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree
SANTA ON THE SQUARE
In anticipation of Santa’s arrival, festivities will begin at East Troy Village Square Park at 5:30 p.m., including a tree lighting, winter activities, Holiday Marketplace, photos with Santa and more.
Mother Nature didn't get the memo that Santa Claus is coming to East Troy today. All activities will go on as planned, but lots of holiday fun has been moved indoors:
• Santa Parade Train: departs Elegant Farmer at 5:30 p.m. arrives at Division Street crossing at 6:25 p.m.
• Tree Lighting: 6:30 p.m. at East Troy Village Square Park ft. ETHS carolers & East Troy Cub Scouts food & refreshments
• Winter fun- Kids crafts, live music, s'mores, games inside Ivan's Backstage East Troy from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
At East Troy Village Square Park
• Christmas carol sing-along led by East Troy High School Choir members.
• Cub Scouts Pack 92 will sell chili, chili dogs and baked goods.
Inside Ivan’s Backstage
•Professional photos of children with Santa and Mrs. Claus will be available following the tree lighting at about 6:40 p.m. inside Ivan's Backstage East Troy following tree lighting. Photo cards will be available in front of East Troy House beginning at 5:30 p.m. at a cost of $8 each, with the proceeds to benefit the East Troy Food Pantry. Photos sponsored by 2894 on Main and all participants will get a digital copy of their photo.
• Live music by Jay Isaacson
• Winter activities, including cookie decorating, s’mores station and DIY Photo Station
• Kids Crafts & Games
• The East Troy Lioness Club will offer walking tacos, hot dogs and hot cocoa in the warmth of the Lions Lodge beginning at 5 p.m.
East Troy Area Historical Society
• The East Troy Area Historical Society will offer refreshments, tours and a holiday movie from 5-8 p.m.
2894 on Main
• Sugar Cookie Decorating starting at 4 p.m.
• Wine, cocktails & evening menu until 8 p.m.