Monday April 30, 2018
Support Main Street East Troy by voting today
East Troy is the among the quarterfinalists in the national small business movement, Independent We Stand’s 2018 “America’s Main Streets” contest.
“As the lifeblood of our cities and towns, Main Streets play an important role in the long-term success of communities and help build a sense of place,” said Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “Independent We Stand invites the public to vote for their favorite quarterfinalist and move a deserving Main Street one step closer to the grand prize of $25,000.”
At the heart of East Troy’s Main Street is the East Troy Village Square, created when early settlers Jacob Burgit and Austin McCracken offered a lot free to anyone who would build upon it in order to encourage growth of the community.
East Troy Village Square Park was deeded in perpetuity to the Village of East Troy. Today, the square continues to serve as the centerpiece for the community and hosts festivals, band concerts, farmers markets, and is a popular attraction for residents and visitors who stop to enjoy its historic charm.
Funds will be used to continue community revitalization efforts in East Troy’s Main Street.
“We are in our third year of the contest and are so happy to see the passion and pride these nominees have for their Main Streets and the local businesses that keep them alive. Now it’s time for consumers to show their support and vote again to move their favorites into the semifinals,” said Brunelle. “Our theme this year is ‘Local Memories. Lasting Impact.’ and this group is a terrific example of the unique experiences and economic benefits shopping local can have on a community.”
More than 117,000 total votes were cast for 303 entrants during the nominations phase. The 2018 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
• Belleville Main Street, Belleville, Ill.
• Benicia Main Street, Benicia, Calif.
• Bridge Street Ashtabula, Ashtabula, Ohio
• Cedar Lee, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
• Clarence Main Street, Clarence, Iowa
• Collierville, TN, Collierville, Tenn.
• Congress Street, York, S.C.
• Downtown Great Falls, Great Falls, Mont.
• Downtown Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Ill.
• Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, Ind.
• Downtown Rochester, Rochester, Mich.
• Downtown Smithfield, Smithfield, N.C.
• Downtown Statesville, Statesville, N.C.
• Downtown Tupelo Main Street, Tupelo, Miss.
• East Troy, WI, East Troy, Wis.
• Edenton, North Carolina, Edenton, N.C.
• Fulton Street, Fresno, Calif.
• Hillsboro Main Street, Hillsboro, Texas
• Logansport, Indiana, Logansport, Ind.
• Lost Nation Main Street, Lost Nation, Iowa
• Main Street Covington, Covington, Ga.
• Main Street Hayward, Hayward, Wis.
• Main Street Texarkana, Texarkana, Texas
• Market Street Mt. Carmel, Mount Carmel, Ill.
• New London, New London, Minn.
Semifinalist voting begins April 30 at MainStreetContest.com and runs through May 27.
The top 10 semifinalists will be announced May 28. The winner of the 2018 “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 4 followed by a “Main Streets Make Us Better” celebration on the Fourth of July, when the winner will announce how the prize money will be utilized.
Contest prizes include:
• $25,000 grand prize
• STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
• Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
• PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
• Public relations and social media recognition
• Special plaque for winner to proudly display
To vote for “America’s Main Streets” semifinalists, visit MainStreetContest.com.