The Holiday Help of East Troy program will continue this year featuring a collaborative approach to assisting local families in need.
"It is through the generous support of local businesses, churches, organizations and community members that this program is able to continue," said East Troy Family and Community Resource Center coordinator Marolyn Komperud, who leads the five-year-old initiative. Komperud said the program model makes it easier than ever to provide families in need with gifts, winter clothing and a holiday meal during the holiday season.
In 2017, Holiday Help of East Troy served 78 families with a combined 166 children.
GET INVOLVED TODAY
The resource center is currently looking for businesses or organizations to participate in donation collections.
Click here for participation form.
Businesses or organizations wishing to participate, should send above form with payment (if applicable) via mail to:
East Troy Family Community Resource Center
PO Box 962
East Troy, WI 53120
All donations are due by Oct. 26 to allow organizers to assess where support is needed.
For more information, contact Komperud at (262) 642-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the memo line of your check: Holiday Help 2018. All donations are tax deductible.
• Adopt a family: Adopt a family and request a specific number of children. Organizers would like to see each child receive at least two clothing items and two toy/gift items (a minimum of four separately wrapped gifts per child).
• Help provide Christmas dinner: “We would like to purchase Christmas dinner for _____ families at $50 per family. Check made payable to ETFCRC."
• Help with gasoline costs. “We would like to purchase ____ gas gift cards at $20 per family. Check made payable to ETFCRC."
• Provide gas gift cards for families for holiday travel. “We would like to purchase ____ gas gift cards at $20 per family. Check made payable to ETFCRC."
• General donation to Holiday Help Program. "We would like to make a donation of $______ to support the Holiday Help Program as needed. Check made payable to ETFCRC."
• Workplace Drive. "We are interested in having a work place drive" (Please notify Marolyn ASAP if you'd like to participate):
_____Socks and underwear drive in sizes toddler through adult
_____Hygiene products (toothbrushes/toothpaste/shampoo/conditioner/deodorant, etc.)
_____Pajamas Drive in sizes toddler through adult
_____New reading books from toddler to young adult
_____Gift Card Drive for Teens ($10-$15 gift cards for places teens may enjoy like Subway, Cousins, McDonalds, Taco Bell, 2894 On Main, Gus’s, Culver’s, Starbucks, Movie Theaters, Walmart, etc.)