The East Troy Community School District will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year as part of Gov. Tony Evers extended Safer-at-Home order to contain the spread of the coronavirus in Wisconsin.
All after-school activities and athletics, including practices, also will be canceled during this time.
The district will provide meals, free of charge, to all children under age 18 during this time. Meal pick up is Monday-Friday at the MS auditorium entrance between 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
The district will work to ensure virtual learning continues for students.
For students with Special Education needs, contact the district's Special Education/Pupil Services Director, Kate Harder, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (262) 642-6710 x1275.
Some internet carriers are offering free and/or low cost options that your family may be able to use.
Spectrum is offering free broadband internet and WiFi access for 60 days to families with K-12 and college students. Charter, which operates Spectrum internet, said they will also waive installation fees for new households. Learn more about the Spectrum offer here or call (844) 488-8395.
• Battle Bags remain available during the school designated breakfast/lunch pick up times, Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at East Troy Middle School. Simply ask for a battle bag with the number of lunches you are requesting.
• The East Troy Food Pantry, 2861 Austin St., is open on Tuesdays from 7:30-11 a.m. and Thursdays from 2:30-4:30 p.m. If this is your first time visiting, please bring along a driver's license or a state issued ID along with a bill or piece of mail showing your current address. The food pantry is also offering drive up services, where you provide your information and they deliver your groceries to your car. For more information, call (262) 642-4357.
• Walworth County Food & Diaper Bank, 205 E. Commerce Ct., Elkhorn, is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1-4 p.m. Please bring your photo ID and have it placed in your windshield. Services are also drive up, so you will not need to leave your car. For more information, call (262) 723-4488.
• The United Way of Walworth County also continues to provide resources and support related to the Coronavirus, including emergency housing assistance funds. Please visit the link below for additional information on resources available and ways to donate: http://uw-wc.org/coronavirus-help-in-walworth-county/
• Mental health and other community resources are available by calling (800) 985-5990 to speak to a trained crisis counselor or text TalkWithUS to 66747.
Click here for more information from the East Troy Community School District.