Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their entourage will kick off the holiday season in East Troy on Saturday, Dec. 3 via the East Troy Electric Railroad’s Santa Train, which leaves the Elegant Farmer at 5:06 p.m. and arrives at Division Street in East Troy at 6:25 p.m., with brief stops at crossings along the way.
In anticipation of Santa’s arrival, festivities will begin at East Troy Village Square Park at 5:30 p.m., including:
• East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce beverage tent featuring East Troy Brewery beer & more
• Winter activities, including s’mores station and DIY Photo Station
• Performances by East Troy High School Cheer & Dance Team along with Titan Cheer and Factory Stars Cheer and Infinity Dance at 6 p.m.
• Christmas carol sing-along led by East Troy High School Choir members
• Santa arrives at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree at about 6:30 p.m. followed by debut of East Troy Lights
• Santa's Workshop inside Ivan's Backstage, 2093 Division St. featuring Dicken’s Christmas Carolers
• Movie & Refreshments at East Troy Historical Society, 2106 Church St.
• 2894 on Main, 2894 Main St., will be celebrating Santa's arrival with a menu of cocoa, coffee, tea, mulled wine, hot apple cider and more from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Cub Scouts Pack 92 will sell To Go chili, chili dogs and baked goods
• Enjoy live Christmas music at East Troy Brewery, 2905 Main St. from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Bake Sale and Hot Cocoa from 4 to 8 p.m. at Realty Executives, 2887 Main St.
• Following the tree lighting, see Santa from the bandstand at East Troy Village Square Park
SANTA PARADE TRAIN
The East Troy Electric Railroad's Santa Parade Train will make its annual journey into downtown East Troy on Saturday, Dec. 3.
Presented by the East Troy Electric Railroad in conjunction with the East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce and Mukwonago Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Center, the beautifully lit four-car train will travel down the century-old interurban trolley line between Mukwonago and East Troy.
The original East Troy Christmas Parade train, started by the East Troy Jaycees and the railroad in 1972, was a historic reproduction of the Schuster’s Christmas Parade in Milwaukee. The Schuster’s Department store chain sponsored the parade, established in 1928, to kick off the Christmas shopping season. It disappeared in 1955 with the demise of the Milwaukee Electric Lines interurban and streetcar system.
Spectators can catch a glimpse of Santa along County Road ES. The train will slow briefly at the following crossings*:
• 5:06 p.m., train departs at The Elegant Farmer
• 5:25 p.m., N. Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 5:42 p.m., Army Lake Camp
• 5:56 p.m., St. Peter’s Road
• 6:13 p.m., Byrnes Street
• 6:25 p.m., Division Street
• 6:30 p.m., Santa arrives at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree & debut of East Troy Lights
*The railroad will have flaggers and crowd control at all the road crossings.
EAST TROY LIGHTS
Take a trip to downtown East Troy to see East Troy Lights – a spectacular holiday light show!
The interactive and imaginative light display experience will kick off Saturday, Dec. 3, when Santa comes to East Troy via the 114-year-old East Troy Electric Railroad Santa Parade Train to light the annual Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree.
Lights will continue with timed shows on the hour at 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. through Dec. 31. Walk through the lights or see the show from your car by tuning into 90.9 FM.
Watch as the entire downtown East Troy Square sparkles in the night in sync with your favorite holiday songs. Or, take control of the lights yourself and create your own holiday magic!
Find out more at easttroylights.com.
I WANT TO DONATE!