The East Troy Electric Railroad's Santa Parade Train will make its annual journey into downtown East Troy on Saturday, Dec. 2.
Presented by the East Troy Electric Railroad in conjunction with the East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce and Mukwonago Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Center, the beautifully lit four-car train will travel down the century-old interurban trolley line between Mukwonago and East Troy.
The original East Troy Christmas Parade train, started by the East Troy Jaycees and the railroad in 1972, was a historic reproduction of the Schuster’s Christmas Parade in Milwaukee. The Schuster’s Department store chain sponsored the parade, established in 1928, to kick off the Christmas shopping season. It disappeared in 1955 with the demise of the Milwaukee Electric Lines interurban and streetcar system.
Spectators can catch a glimpse of Santa along County Road ES. The train will slow briefly at the following crossings*:
• 5:05 p.m., train departs at The Elegant Farmer
• 5:25 p.m., N. Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 5:42 p.m., S. Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 5:56 p.m., St. Peter’s Road
• 6:13 p.m., Byrnes Street
• 6:25 p.m., Division Street
• 6:30 p.m., Santa arrives at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree & debut of East Troy Lights
*The railroad will have flaggers and crowd control at all the road crossings.
SANTA ON THE SQUARE
Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their entourage will travel to East Troy via the East Troy Electric Railroad’s beautifully lit four-car Santa Train, which leaves the Elegant Farmer at 5:05 p.m. and arrives at the Division Street crossing in East Troy at 6:25 p.m., with brief stops at crossings along the way (see schedule below).
In anticipation of Santa’s arrival, festivities will begin at East Troy Village Square Park, 2881 at 5:30 p.m., including:
'CAN'T WAIT FOR SANTA' GRAND ENTRANCE SHOW:
(on North Side of Square)
5:30-6 p.m.- Christmas Carol Sing-Along led by East Troy High School Choir members
6 p.m.- East Troy Cheer & Pom Dance performance
6:05 p.m.- Infinity Dance Performance 1 featuring Clara and Friends Dance
6:10 p.m.- Dickens Carolers
6:20 p.m.- Infinity Dance Performance 2 featuring Mother Ginger scene with Candy Canes, Lollipops, Bon Bons
6:30- ETHS choir students perform with Gargantuan
6:40 p.m. - Santa, Mrs. Claus & their entourage arrive at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree at about 6:30 p.m. followed by debut of East Troy Lights. Santa & crew will be escorted into town via a mini welcoming parade, (which will march from Division Street and circle the East Troy Village Square), inclucing the Village of East Troy Police Department, followed by the East Troy High School Band Drumline, East Troy Cheer & Poms and Troy Center Fire Truck featuring Green Meanie and Lake Beulah 4H's costumed characters.
THINGS TO DO ON THE SQUARE
(Open 5:30 to 7 p.m.)
• East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce Make the Magic Concession & Merch Stand
• Winter activities, including S’mores Station and DIY Photo Station
• Cub Scouts Pack 17 will sell To Go chili, chili dogs and baked goods
• Following the tree lighting, see Santa from the bandstand at East Troy Village Square Park
SQUARE STOPS TO ADD TO YOUR LIST!
• Santa's Workshop inside Ivan's Backstage, 2093 Division St. featuring Dicken’s Christmas Carolers & entertainment provided by local clubs and organizations
• Movie & Refreshments at East Troy Historical Society, 2106 Church St.
• 2894 on Main, 2894 Main St., will be celebrating Santa's arrival with a menu of cocoa, coffee, tea, mulled wine, hot apple cider and more from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Enjoy live Christmas music at East Troy Brewery, 2905 Main St. from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Bake Sale and Hot Cocoa from 4 to 8 p.m. at Realty Executives, 2887 Main St.
• East Troy Women's Club will be selling cookies and bakery under the East Troy House awning beginning at 4:30 p.m.
EAST TROY LIGHTS & EAST TROY LIGHTS LIVE
Take a trip to downtown East Troy to see East Troy Lights – a spectacular holiday light show!
The interactive and imaginative light display experience will kick off Saturday, Dec. 2, when Santa comes to East Troy via the 115-year-old East Troy Electric Railroad Santa Parade Train to light the annual Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree.
Lights will continue with timed shows on the hour at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. through Dec. 31.
Watch as the entire downtown East Troy Square sparkles in the night in sync with your favorite holiday songs. Or complete the Candy Cane Adventure to take control of the lights yourself and create your own holiday magic!
EAST TROY LIGHTS LIVE:
Watch the lights come to life with a special immersive East Troy Lights show at 6 and 7 p.m. on Fridays & Saturdays in December.
Find out more at easttroylights.com.
I WANT TO DONATE!