Photo by Lauren & Andy Photography
Get ready for some holly, jolly fun on Saturday, Dec. 2 because Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their merry crew are about to launch the holiday season in East Troy.
Here's the lowdown on the night's festivities:
SANTA ON THE SQUARE
Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their entourage will travel to East Troy via the East Troy Electric Railroad’s beautifully lit four-car Santa Train, which leaves the Elegant Farmer at 5:05 p.m. and arrives at the Division Street crossing in East Troy at 6:25 p.m., with brief stops at crossings along the way (see schedule below).
In anticipation of Santa’s arrival, festivities will begin at East Troy Village Square Park, 2881 Main St., at 5:30 p.m., including:
'CAN'T WAIT FOR SANTA' GRAND ENTRANCE SHOW:
(on North Side of Square)
5:30-6 p.m.- Christmas Carol Sing-Along led by East Troy High School Choir members
6 p.m.- East Troy Cheer & Pom Dance performance
6:05 p.m.- Infinity Dance Performance 1 featuring Clara and Friends Dance
6:10 p.m.- Dickens Carolers
6:20 p.m.- Infinity Dance Performance 2 featuring Mother Ginger scene with Candy Canes, Lollipops, Bon Bons
6:30- ETHS choir students perform with Gargantuan
6:40 p.m. - Santa, Mrs. Claus & their entourage arrive at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree followed by debut of East Troy Lights.
Santa & crew will be escorted into town via a mini welcoming parade, (which will march from Division Street and circle the East Troy Village Square), inclucing the Village of East Troy Police Department, followed by the East Troy High School Band Drumline, East Troy Cheer & Poms and Troy Center Fire Truck featuring Green Meanie and Lake Beulah 4H's costumed characters.
THINGS TO DO ON THE SQUARE
(Open 5:30 to 7 p.m.)
• East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce Make the Magic Concession & Merch Stand
• Winter activities, including S’mores Station and DIY Photo Station
• Cub Scouts Pack 17 will sell To Go chili, chili dogs and baked goods
• Following the tree lighting, see Santa from the bandstand at East Troy Village Square Park
• Farm Fresh Favorites of Bower's Produce with apple cider donuts and hot cider
SQUARE STOPS TO ADD TO YOUR LIST!
• Santa's Workshop inside Ivan's Backstage, 2093 Division St. featuring Dicken’s Christmas Carolers, photo station with East Troy Manor, cookie decorating and ornament making with the East Troy Chamber of Commerce.
• Movie & Refreshments at East Troy Historical Society, 2106 Church St.
• 2894 on Main, 2894 Main St., will be celebrating Santa's arrival with a menu of cocoa, coffee, tea, mulled wine, hot apple cider and more from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Sauced Pizzeria, 2886 Main St., a locally sourced, seasonally inspired, 100% wood fired Neapolitan style pizzeria, is featuring new flavors of its house-made gelato with all organic ingredients, including an East Troy Lights Special: Candy Cane!
• Enjoy live Christmas music at East Troy Brewery, 2905 Main St. from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Bake Sale and Hot Cocoa from 4 to 8 p.m. at Realty Executives, 2887 Main St.
• East Troy Women's Club will be selling cookies and bakery under the East Troy House awning beginning at 4:30 p.m.
• East Troy Lions Lodge, 2077 Division St., will feature walking tacos and baked goods for purchase.
SANTA PARADE TRAIN
The East Troy Electric Railroad's Santa Parade Train will make its annual journey into downtown East Troy on Saturday, Dec. 2.
Presented by the East Troy Electric Railroad in conjunction with the East Troy Area Chamber of Commerce and Mukwonago Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Center, the beautifully lit four-car train will travel down the century-old interurban trolley line between Mukwonago and East Troy.
The original East Troy Christmas Parade train, started by the East Troy Jaycees and the railroad in 1972, was a historic reproduction of the Schuster’s Christmas Parade in Milwaukee. The Schuster’s Department store chain sponsored the parade, established in 1928, to kick off the Christmas shopping season. It disappeared in 1955 with the demise of the Milwaukee Electric Lines interurban and streetcar system.
Spectators can catch a glimpse of Santa along County Road ES. The train will slow briefly at the following crossings*:
• 5:05 p.m., train departs at The Elegant Farmer
• 5:25 p.m., N. Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 5:42 p.m., S. Army Lake Road – Army Lake Camp
• 5:56 p.m., St. Peter’s Road
• 6:13 p.m., Byrnes Street
• 6:25 p.m., Division Street
• 6:30 p.m., Santa arrives at East Troy Village Square Park via East Troy Fire Department truck to light the Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree & debut of East Troy Lights
*The railroad will have flaggers and crowd control at all the road crossings.
SEE THE DEBUT OF EAST TROY LIGHTS (& COME BACK FOR MORE!)
Take a trip to downtown East Troy to see East Troy Lights – a spectacular holiday light show!
The interactive and imaginative light display experience will kick off Saturday, Dec. 2, when Santa comes to East Troy via the 115-year-old East Troy Electric Railroad Santa Parade Train to light the annual Bob Barutha Memorial Christmas Tree.
Daily Shows: Dec. 2-31
Lights will continue daily with timed shows on the hour at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. during the entire month of December.
East Troy Lights Live!: Dec. 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
Watch the Lights come to life with a special immersive show on Fridays & Saturdays in December | Shows @ 6 p.m. & 7 p.m.
The Candy Cane Adventure: Dec. 8-31
Grab a Candy Cane Adventure wand and new East Troy Lights Comic Book and find the interactive Candy Cane friends on the East Troy Village Square to enter a world of holiday magic during the immersive month-long event.
Find out more at easttroylights.com.
I WANT TO DONATE!